The Black Tux is reinventing formal wear so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. We design and manufacture modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit-made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free.
The Learning & Development Specialist
will be responsible for overseeing warehouse Ambassadors. This position will assist the warehouse operations team. An ideal candidate will provide a positive example of training/development, performance, safety, and reliability to the rest of the team. As a Learning & Development Specialist, you will ensure all warehouse safety and training is up-to-date and tracked to assure all incoming associates are trained within their assigned department and eventually cross-trained in other departments. While reporting directly to the Learning and Development Manager, you'll work closely with the Industrial Engineers to make sure all processes and procedures are accurate for all written material. What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Be a subject matter expert about warehouse processes and procedures
- Works closely with Managers, Team Leads, and Ambassadors to ensure the required standards are always met
- Reviewing all existing and new training materials to ensure associates are always up-to-date
- Mapping out training plans and assist in learning and development
- Run system reports to view/report associate's performance
- Assist with updating warehouse information in our Learning Management Systems
- Find new ways to keep our training engaging and productive
- Conduct process audits to ensure everyone on the floor is following by the written work instructions
- Ensure that retraining is taking place on an ongoing/needed basis
- Promotes quality achievement and continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Maintain good communication with the management team by communicating issues
- Adhere to all company policies and safety procedures and guidelines
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and constructive tone with team members and management
- Understand and be able to learn industry-specific technology
- Ensure accuracy of transactions both physically and systematically
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish
- 1 to 2 years of training experience required
- Breaks down large or complicated processes into digestible steps to maximize learning retention
- Modifies training content to adapt to different audiences and levels of experience
- Highly effective communicator both written and verbal
- Uses listening as a large part of communication style to ensure alignment of the needs of individuals and teams supported
- Collaborative yet autonomous to reach deadlines
- Great organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Warehouse experience is a plus
- Understanding of Lean and 5S concepts is a plus
- Exciting start up environment
- Health, vision, and dental coverage
- Parental leave eligibility
- 9 company paid & closed showroom holidays
- Stocked snacks
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
- Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to promote diversity and inclusion across the company
- Weekly catered Lunches
The Learning & Development Specialist role is located onsite at our warehouse in Gardena, CA.
The base salary for this position is $25 - $30/hour, but the actual compensation may vary based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and location. The Black Tux defines compensation plans using market data aligned with comparable companies at a similar stage and size as ours.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.