CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture. Summary
CHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division in Wiggins, CO. We are looking for a Part-Time Custom Applicator in Wiggins, CO. You will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
Work independently as you apply chemical and fertilizer products to producer fields. As a Custom Applicator, you will:
- Build relationships with area farmers to learn about their chemical and fertilizer needs
- Spend time in the field, operating a sprayer while loading and applying products in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner
- Gain hands-on experience and technical skills by running many different types of machinery and performing routine equipment maintenance
Take advantage of an outstanding benefits package, a friendly and safe work environment, and provide a valuable service to the local community. Apply for our Custom Applicator role today.
- $17.74 - $24.38 per acre + spray acre bonus
- This position has opportunity for promotion
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- With supervison, apply fertilzer and crop protection products. May include use of a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate customers on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and or packaged material.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Perform general labor responsibilities promptly and efficiently, which may include general maintenance, grounds maintenance, equipment inspection and maintenance, and record keeping.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Knowledge of Agriculture Production, Operations, and/or Agriculture Application
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business demand
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- CDL license with Hazmat endorsement or ability to attain one preferred
- Applicator's license, chemical application education and experience, forklift certification and farming/agriculture background preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to lift and load up to 75 lbs
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.